11.5 Acres of Opportunity - both Residential & Commercial
Acreage Semi-rural - Merricks North VIC
By Appointment Only.
OFFER CLOSE DATE – Friday 6 March at 5pm (Unless Sold Prior)
Positioned in front of the exclusive and reputable Jackalope Estate, resides 11.5 acres of prime real estate enviably providing extensive opportunity for the commercial buyer or simply the residential buyer looking to expand and build out their dream home.
The Existing Dwelling –
The original home that was built in the 60’s has just undergone a full renovation in 2019. Attributes to this home include:
• 3-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms and open plan living;
• Semi butlers / laundry;
• Engineered timber oak flooring;
• Spotted gum decking to the outdoor entertaining area;
• Split system and a cosy coonora for the winter months;
• Ceiling fans in the living and master bedroom;
• Roller block-out blinds throughout;
• 20,000 litre water tank with dual filtration system;
• Bottled gas on site;
• Septic system;
• Sliding stacking door to the outdoor entertaining area;
• Fully fenced backyard for separation;
• NBN and Foxtel infrastructure.
The Land –
The land opportunity has plenty to offer, including the following:
• Dam positioned to the left of the property;
• Approximately 200 citrus trees that were planted in 2019, including apricots, oranges, plums, lemons, limes and apples;
• Approximately 2,000 plants back in 2018; blueberries, raspberries and cherries estimated to fruit this spring;
• A 3-zoned irrigation system; 2 x drip system and 1 x micro sprinkler system;
• 20,000 litre water tank at the top right hand side of the property which is filled by the bore to handle the irrigation;
• A bore which runs off a pump at 20 litres per minute;
• Perimeter fencing through all boundaries and also a fully fenced paddock situated to the left of the property.
Further Opportunities –
No Permit Required:
There is an abundance of opportunities for this site that would only be subject to a building permit being approved by Council:
1. Convert the existing dwelling to a Dependent Person Unit (DPU) and then built out a family home for lifestyle. This gives the opportunity for the larger family along with parents/grandparents to reside with the children and grandchildren.
2. Bed and Breakfast and/or Airbnb for up to 10 people at one time.
3. Agriculture or U-Pick Strawberry, Cherry and Raspberry opportunity to establish a produce store up to 100sq.
4. Others include a poultry farm, a rural store, racing dogs or a home made business.
There is further potential for other commercial opportunities that would require Council approval. These include the following:
• Construct out a Glamping site to attract tourists visiting the Mornington Peninsula or ideal for a wedding venue.
• A host farm to provide a memorable experience for families.
• A manufacturing sales business (rural) for the business enthusiasts.
With strong precedence in the area and plenty of tourists continuously visiting the region, there are plenty of opportunities to make a fantastic return on investment.